Legal Advice Lawrence Ks

Through the Legal Aid Clinic, KU law student articling students provide legal assistance to low-income clients at Lawrence Municipal Court and Douglas County District Court. The clinic`s workload is divided into four general areas: Legal Services for Students is a law firm located on the KU Lawrence campus in Room 2030 of the Burge Union. LSS is funded by the Student Senate through a portion of campus fees and provides legal services, advice, support, and education to students on a variety of topics. Helps low-income Kansans meet their basic needs by providing basic legal services, mediation and vocational training. Provides legal assistance to people whose civil rights have been violated. In general, the ACLU does not accept the following types of cases: family law, denial of government benefits, landlord-tenant disputes, criminal defense, attorney complaints, or employment matters. Ensure that adults who do not have family or financial resources and who are classified by the SNS as dependent on care, that they require a court-appointed guardian and/or curator, have a qualified, trained and caring volunteer to serve as a legally appointed guardian and/or curator. Visit our YouTube channel for more legal education. Provides emergency care to children aged 10 to 18 following police and/or judicial proceedings All cases are received by appointment to the court or referral to an agency and reviewed for eligibility, clinic capacity and conflict of interest before representation can begin.

Capacity varies depending on the semester, depending on student enrollment. 785-864-5564 15th St and Burdick Drive, Lawrence, KS 66045 Public Defenders for Abused or Neglected Children in Court Custody Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (785) 587-8555 3248 Kimball Ave. Manhattan, KS 66503 Website >. 785-233-0822 Townsite Plaza IV 120 SE 6th St., Ste 106 Topeka, KS 66603 Legal aid by third-year law students; Deals with cases in areas such as family relations, district court criminal cases, court-approved juvenile cases, landlord/tenant cases, consumer cases, and public support cases. 785-838-3401 800-723-6953 2001 Haskell Lawrence, Kansas 66046 Website> (785) 749-4564 105 W 11th St #1 Lawrence, KS 66044 Website > Manages the enforcement of child support in IV-D cases where a parent has received public support Real advocates of real problems.

Free. Confidential. On campus. (816) 756-3113 ACLU Kansas and Western Missouri Executive Director: Gary Brunk 3601 Main St. Kansas City, MO 64111 Enforces child support orders, locates absent parents and their property, receives a paternity order, receives a child support order, receives and enforces a health insurance coverage order for a child, and/or monitors to ensure child support payments are received regularly. CSE automatically serves families who receive temporary family support (TAF), foster care, medical assistance, food assistance and child care assistance. CSE also serves any family, regardless of income or place of residence, who needs and requests CSE services. 785-832-5256 111 E. 11th St., Lawrence, KS 66044 Lawrence, KS 66044 Website >